Sitting for your Medical Assistant (MA) exams? Apart from study smart, here are 5 tips to assist you in passing.
1) Practice Makes Perfect. You should read and attempt pass year questions to get yourself familiarise with the exam format and what the examiners are expecting. Besides, you should always do the tutorial exercises that you are given and consult your lecturers when you are facing difficulties.
2) Participate in online discussions with your lecturers and students. This will enhance your understanding and serve as a way to improve your communication and typing skills. As reading through the study materials may be dry, you may find group discussion a more effective way to study.
3) Volunteer yourself in healthcare works. By gaining more hands-on experience, you may develop a better understanding towards what you are reading and taught. You may also be getting valuable advices from the doctors, nurses, and other personnel in the healthcare industry as you interact with them.
4) Learn to manage your time properly. You should balance your time between study, revision, and leisure. As online study requires you to sit long hours in front of the computer, you should allocate time to exercise. Exercising helps to keep your body and mind fresh and healthy which will in-turn benefit you in your study.
5) Develop reading habit. Healthcare industry evolves as fast as technology. Hence, it is very important for you to read and keep yourself informed and updated with the latest medical findings, issues, challenges and etc.